Connect with us

News

Police Ordered to Intensify “e-Sabong” Crackdown

Published

on

All police commanders are ordered in a memorandum by Police Maj. Gen. Valeriano de Leon, director of the Philippine National Police’s Directorate for Operations to exert all efforts to intensify the crackdown against the recently banned “e-sabong” operations in the country.

This new development in the fight against illegal online cockfighting comes as reports say that a couple of e-sabong sites continue to operate illegally.

The issuance of the memorandum comes as the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) said that online sabong sites are still running illegally, despite President Duterte’s order to suspend all e-sabong activities earlier this year.

“The operation of e-sabong was suspended by our Commander-in-Chief, President Rodrigo Roa Duterte, effective May 3, 2022. Therefore, we should not permit guerrilla-style activities of e-sabong by unscrupulous individuals and groups,” De Leon said in a statement.

PAGCOR said on May 16 that e-sabong sites still continue illegal e-sabong operations.

Moreover, the vice president of PAGCOR’s e-Gaming Licensing and Regulation Atty. Jose Tria said that the following websites are being monitored:

pinassabong.live
pclive1.com
sabong-express.net
phbetting.live
goperya.com
phbet44.bet
phbet.bet
phbetr.bet

The PNP and PAGCOR are currently corrdinating to locate other illegal e-sabong sites and operators. (GFB)

CREN

Simplest way to find a property.

Property Type: Rental Sale
Advertisement

Advertisement